Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wardrobe - Dresses (1)


Last week, a friend came back to town and we went to the Shiliupu Fabric Market in Shanghai.  I had just made a pair of shorts and pencil skirt which she had admired and wanted to have made.  As expected, we could never resist visiting the fabric market and getting more than what we wanted.  In the end, she came away with 2 cheongsams (or qipaos), a pair of shorts and the pencil skirt.  One of the cheongsams was a pretty black lace with a vibrant purple lining, which reminded me of a lovely cheongsam I had made in Shanghai eons ago, back when I was slim ... sigh ... but we shan't dwell on such things.  

When I mentioned this cheongsam to my friend, I wished I had a picture of it to show her.  At the same time, she jested that I should catalogue my wardrobe so I'd be able to access pics of anything any time!  Hahahahaha ... but in all seriousness, I had actually been thinking of doing exactly that - mainly to remind myself of stuff I have, and thereby preventing me from adding things I don't need to my already on-the-verge-of-exploding wardrobe.  

So, here's the beginnings of my catalogue ... starting with dresses! I have such a penchant for dresses, but sadly they don't get much mileage cos I'm often much more comfortable in my jeans and pants ...

A pretty floral "Dior" dress fm a little shop on Julu Lu in Shanghai (2012)



A "Tracy Reese" dress fm a shop on Nanchang Rd, Shanghai


A vintagey dress fm a retro shop in HK (they have outlets at Fa Yuen Kai and Li Yuen St E/W) ... I removed the sleeves cos the original sleeves looked weird on me ...





No comments:

Post a Comment