Thursday, March 15, 2012

Orla Kiely for Uniqlo, Shanghai


I've always been attracted to Orla Kiely's prints and was totally unaware that she had collaborated with Uniqlo on this collection, so I was surprised when I saw these beautiful tees and shirts at Uniqlo. The prints were so pretty, I simply had to try them on!

These are what I brought home with me:

One of her signature prints on a tee-shirt .... gorgeous! It just so cheery it's irresistible ...



From afar, this looks like a normal red-checked shirt, but up close, you can see that each "check" is actually a little four-petal flower ... rather Mary Quant/50s looking, I thought. Pretty ...



Roughly a day after I bought these, I read that the Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) had worn an Orla Kiely dress which sold out promptly after she'd worn it. How coincidental is that!


No comments:

Post a Comment