Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shanghai Purchases


It was soooo cold when we first moved to Shanghai in early Feb 2012, so when I saw this beautiful faux suede and fur lined jacket, I simply couldn't resist. This was from the "Star Shop". I came across these "Star Shops" while at Xinle Lu and later found out that this was one of the shops that actually had no name. Their signature look was a full glass front, white walls inside and racks and racks of clothes which you had to sort through to find your gem. They generally carry an assortment of clothes from Korea, Japan, etc. Due to their selection of clothes and their reasonable price range, they have become an essential shop to visit while in Shanghai.


I have to admit my weakness for Zara ... in case you haven't already noticed ... heh heh ... I shop at Zara whenever and wherever I can :) I like their range of clothes, the workmanship for the price you pay. I also like that you can get something very classic or very trendy, depending on your mood. These were my recent buys from the sale at Zara ...

A simple white top with an interesting yet subtle frilled overlay ...


For very classic and simple practical clothes, I like Gap. Got this on sale in Gap, Shanghai ...


Another shop that is usually on my have-to-visit list is H&M. Recently though, I've been finding that their sizing seems to be shrinking (or could it be that I'm expanding ... horrors!) and workmanship for some pieces aren't as polished as Zara, so my interest is waning ... but just a lil only :) I still feel compelled to go in whenever I see a H&M. This blue-striped top looks normal, but what I like about it is the lovely pleating along the neckline ...


I've also started the beginnings of a love affair with C&A - a Swedish high st fashion store. This pretty peach coloured top with lovely floral standout petals is one of the reasons why ...


A simple blue knit dress ... one of the reasons I find it difficult to completely fall out of love with H&M :)


One of the things I miss about Taipei is all the Korean fashion they carry at very reasonable prices. So, I was soooo happy to find this building around Qi Pu Lu that sells nothing but Korean stuff! It's like a lil DongDaeMon in Shanghai! Wonderful! I picked up this very trendy black and white silky top ...


And shopping just can't be complete without shoes right? :) I simply had to get these when I saw them at Zara ... love the color, the design, the scalloped edges, the lace-up, the heels ... drool ... now I just need to find outfits to go with these boots :)




No comments:

Post a Comment